I always assumed that my trainees could do anything, until they proved that they couldn’t. I do the same with myself. I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t.
We did not have “a specific plan” for retirement, just a fuzzy general plan.
We sold our house immediately in Houston
- spent 9 week in a Mariott until we officially retired,
- drove around the northeast for a month investigating places to settle,
- spent 3 days in The Villages, FL,
- moved to Peru for 5 months and decided that it wasn’t what we expected,
- and finally settled in The Villages, FL