My15-year history and analysis of a Type 1 diabetic includes data from a continuous monitor about 10 years ago.
- Her meal is 45g of carbs compared to your 150g+.
- You have to consider fast and slow carbs. You vaguely noticed but not in detail.
- I weigh blackberries (120g) and bananas (40g) — same 15g of carbs. Your 200g bowl of berries would be 16g for strawberries and 28g for blueberries. You must know the carb percentage for everything you eat.
- Timing, as you discovered, is important
- We found that numbers can drop 90 or more points over a 5-minute span. Maybe it is slower in a normal person.
- You never went high or low, like 250–400 or 20–40.
I’ve been interested to see how a normal person’s blood sugars track. Thanks.
My article covers all of that, plus the impact of diabetes on the patient and everyone around them. Be sure the check out the “Foods and Meals” section, which explains some of your findings.